Tuesday, November 25, 2014

It's A Girl

Nora Grace finally arrived on November 13th at 2:27am.  She was a healthy 8lbs 9oz and is 21 inches long.  I am so glad I went into labor the night before I was supposed to be induced.  I told Scott around 7:30pm that I don't want to go into labor tonight, because I was really tired, but tomorrow morning would be good.  It wasn't even 15min later and labor began.......we got to the hospital around 9pm and she was born at 2:27am.  It was such a special moment to find out if she was a boy or a girl.  The doctor told everybody to be really quiet and he placed her face down on my stomach, so we had to turn her over to find out.  I will forever remember that special moment.  This was the smoothest and easiest delivery we have had.  We were both s surprised when they just let us hold her and left her in the room with us after doing everything they have to do.  They didn't even come get her for her bath until a few hours later.  Both Hannah and Evan had to be taken right away and we were not able to hold them until later, so this was new to us.
We are so in love with her and she is the perfect addition to our family!  I am so glad it's a girl, because we still hadn't agreed on a boy name.  We were still discussing boy names as I was in labor and could not agree on one.  I am in love with the name Nora!
We are adjusting quite well to our new normal as a family of 5.  Hannah and Evan both love their little sister......maybe a little too much.  They both want to hold her all the time.  I am surprised by how much Evan is interested in her.  I cannot put her down anywhere without him running over right away and trying to pick her up.  I sure hope the novelty will wear of soon and he won't try to pick her up every chance he gets.  Evan does not act jealous at all when I hold her, but if Scott's hold her he wants to be held by him as well.  He is such a daddy's boy.
Look at that hair!

We did not tell Hannah that she had a little sister until she came to the hospital.  She was super excited to find out it is a girl!
I just realized that we still don't have a picture of the 5 of us.......we need to change that soon
Ready to go home
Big brother holding little Nora.....it's amazing how much he grew up over night.  He is no longer the baby.
Little sister
Wide awake....
Sound asleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment