Tuesday, August 15, 2017

One Year Later

I went on a trip to Germany in July all by myself to be with my mom and brother during the one year anniversary of my dads passing.  It is one of those things that feel like it just happened yesterday, but on the other hand I can't believe its already been a year.  The weeks and days leading up to the one year anniversary are intense.  It's almost like an internal clock is counting down and reliving everything from last year......last year at this time I talked to him for the last time, last year at this time is when I got the phone call etc....
The emotions are still real high and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him a lot.  I like thinking about him and being reminded of him.  So many things trigger many wonderful memories.  Little things like hearing a Rolling Stones song or seeing an old antique car that I know he would have liked or eating at a restaurant that I know he would enjoy.  
I really enjoyed the week I spent with my mom and my brother and his family.  I missed my crazy crew like crazy, but it was also good for the soul to spend some quality time with my mom.  We enjoyed talking, riding our bikes, going out for breakfast a couple of times, trying a few new recipes, celebrating her birthday, watching my brothers little girls, cleaning out a few rooms in the house and just keeping each other company.  I did not take any pictures during my entire trip.  

I did get a few pictures from Scott.  
Hannah was at Girls Scout Camp when I left, so I didn't see her for 10 days.Scott took the kids to Branson to see grandma and grandpa the day he picked Hannah up from camp.  They took the boat out for a bit and this is the picture I got with the caption "fun group".
Hannah must have been exhausted after camp.......this girl never takes a nap.

They also went to play putt putt golf
Working out at grandmas house
 
The regular Sunday morning Target run
And haircuts for Hannah and Evan

Scott had to leave for a business trip to Spain, so I actually had to come home the day before the anniversary of my dads passing.  
I was very ready to meet my family at the airport.
On the anniversary day we decided to release some balloons for him

It was a nice way to remember him with the kids.

Also on that day I was able to spend a little one on one time with each kid.  I took Nora for a donut in the morning (her love language.ha).  Hannah and I went for a pedicure (lucky for me) and I took Evan out for pizza for lunch and we played the new board game I brought from Germany at the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment