Monday, November 13, 2017

Meet Zoey

Today is Nora's birthday and she is turning 3.  How is that possible?  More on her birthday next time, today I am going to introduce you to Zoey.......our newest family member.   

A few weeks back we went to the Help One Now event hosted at Jenny and Dave's barn.  It was a very fun evening of raising money for a great cause and enjoying time with friends.  

The special guests of the evening were Willie and Korie Robertson from Duck Dynasty (and several other family members were there too).  I will confess at this time that I have never seen an episode of their show.   After hearing Willie that evening I did add "watch Duck Dynasty" to my to do list.  He was very funny and I am intrigued to watch the show.  These are the only two pictures I took that evening.  Not very impressive, I know.


I just went to Jenny's blog to get a couple pictures of the evening.....

Alright, back to the topic of this post.  The event had a silent and live auction.  The last item on the live auction was a puppy.  The puppy was there that evening and I held her......she was so sweet and I decided that we needed a puppy.  I found Scott and told him about my idea and while he was not for it, he also was not completely against it.  At this point a few of our friends made it their mission to convince us to bid on the puppy.  As you know I am pretty competitive, so once the bidding started I had to win.  And I did.
This was me right after the auction.
Do I look a little frightened?    Maybe......
The puppy was approximately 13 weeks old at the time.  We took her home that night.  I was so nervous.  I have never owned a pet and had LOTS of questions.  I texted a group of friends all of the time.  Silly questions such as "How often does a dog pee?"  haha
I felt so overwhelmed.  

The best moment so far has been when we woke the kids up early the next morning and told them there is something they want to see downstairs.  Hannah said "Is the Elf back?"  

Hannah was over the moon when she saw the puppy.  She has been wanting one for a long time.  She bonded with her instantly and has been a great helper with her.  
We decided very quickly that morning to name her "Zoey".  
Zoey is a Labradoodle.
Nora loves her too and Evan could go either way.  I just don't think he really cares right now.
That night Hannah set up camp right next to Zoey's kennel and slept there all night (on the tile floor in the mudroom.....I got her some extra blankets).  Both of them actually slept good.  
The next night wasn't as fun.  Let's just say I was up a lot and had to clean up big messes a lot.  I was ready to give her up for adoption the next day:)
Look at these two.....
This is how Hannah has been doing her homework now
So, we are all adjusting to having a new puppy in the house.  Scott's allergies have been bothering him, but it seems to be getting a little better (and he has to take medicine).  The potty training is going OK.......we went almost an entire week without an accident and then boom yesterday we had 2.  I am having to read a lot on the internet on how to train a puppy.  Looking into different obedience school options now.

Both Hannah and Zoey were tired last night
Overall Zoey is a very calm and laid back puppy. She loves to be crazy outside, but is really calm inside and just lays around on her dog bed a lot.  We put the bed in her kennel and she loves it in there.  Her kennel is her favorite spot to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment