Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Date Night, Bonfire and Bulldozer

`We started our weekend with a Mommy, Daddy and Hannah date night on Friday.  We had a great time at the book store followed by dinner at Chilis.  Hannah loves the book store.  It is a little challenging to keep up with her, but also a lot of fun to watch her go through all the books.  She likes to take books off the shelf and put them back on a different shelf.  I am sure the people at Borders love that.  At least she is not leaving them on the floor!  She chases after all of the older kids and wants to sit by them and every once in a while she sits down and wants to read a book.
Hannah enjoys to read (this was at the airport a few weeks back.  I forgot to bring my camera again this weekend)
I had some "me" time on Saturday morning as Scott took Hannah to run some errands.  It was nice!  Normally I start to clean, pick up, do laundry, cook etc, but on Saturday I just sat down on the couch with a cup of chai tea (my favorite) and caught up on some Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice.  I didn't realize how far behind I was.  Saturday evening we went to Dave and Jenny's bonfire.  This was not your typical bonfire......you could see the smoke from miles away. Oh and I almost forgot to mention the fireworks. I am pretty sure we have some pyros amongst our friends!  Of course there was a bulldozer to push more wood into the fire.  The kids loved watching the bulldozer and I am sure Matt had even more fun driving it.   Hannah is now obsessed with construction equipment.  They are building the house across the street from us and Hannah stood outside for 30min yesterday watching them move dirt around with some construction equipment.
Sunday was finally time to relax and watch some football
I hope you are having a great week.

1 comment:

  1. I second Julie's comment on Facebook - if you enjoy chai tea, you should definitely give Oh My! Chai a try from TS. :)

    ReplyDelete