Friday, December 3, 2010

Could It Be Time For New Years Resolutions Already.....

I have not made any New Years Resolutions in several years.  I have made them in the past, but hardly ever followed through, so I gave up for a while.  So, for next year I decided to come up with one New Years Resolution and post it, so maybe I will actually hold myself accountable.....just maybe???????
My resolution is to be more organized and keep the house more picked up.  This is a big one.  I thought by staying at home with our daughter that I would have all the time in the world to keep the house picked up, organized and cook (maybe even bake every once in a while).  Wrong!  In my defense I do spend a lot more time at home now and eat/cook three meals at home (vs just one when I was working), which gives me a lot more opportunities to "mess up" the house.  Since we have decided to put our current house on the market I have spent a lot of time de-clutternig and cleaning out closets.....it is amazing what you find.  Why did I keep all of  my college text books?  And all of my Birthday, Christmas and any other occasion cards from way back when?  Going forward I am going to take a hard look at things before I store them away.
I am going to make one other goal (I don't think I will call it a resolution).  I would like to participate in at least two triathlons next year and maybe a half marathon (but I am not committing to that one just yet).  I really enjoyed the triathlon I did this year and I would like to do that one again plus one more.

Let's see where this will take me.......

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear that I'm not the only one that has trouble keeping up with housework. I feel like my house is always a mess and when I do clean it, it's right back to being messy in no time

    ReplyDelete