Monday, June 13, 2011

Hannah's 2nd Birthday (Part 1)

On Hannah's actual 2nd Birthday we spent a lot of time together as a family of three.  Here is Hannah's Birthday table we set up the night before her birthday.  She was excited to see her gifts and opened them up first thing in the morning.  The trampoline is a little bigger than I expected. 
Blowing out the candles

After breakfast we headed out to run some errands followed by lunch at chick fil a.  In the afternoon we took Hannah to TCBY to celebrate with some ice cream.
Yummy
We finished the day by playing outside with the new water toy and the trampoline.
Hannah, you are such a funny girl.  You seem to think so yourself, because you say "hannah funny" all the time.  I have to start writing down all the things you say and do, so that I can remember.  You are constantly talking or singing.  You have learned a lot of words in the last few months (in both languages).  You are putting sentences together mainly in English, but I think you may still know more words in German.  It is still so fascinating to me to watch you learn two languages.  I am very proud of you.  Your favorite thing to say is "I did it".  You also like to say "Mama get it" when you drop something.  You are very independent and want to do everything on your own.  We practice letters and colors in the bathtub with foam letters.  You recognize a lot of the letters and a few colors.  When I ask you where Oma, Opa and Volker live you say "Koeln" and it just sounds so cute.  You also recognize the cologne cathedral and point to the pictures and say "Dom".  When you have to go somewhere (to get a toy etc) you always say "back, bye" as you are leaving the room.  The other day you told me that you have to go to work (arbeiten) and walked out the door, blew me a kiss and said bye.  You also like to put me to bed.  You give me a kiss and then leave the room and say "night night".  If only it was that easy to put you to bed :).
You tell me to sing to you all the time (Mama sing), but then you also tell me to stop.  I know I am not a good singer, but I didn't think a two year old would be so critical.  You like to sing "No more monkeys" and then the rest gets a little fuzzy....I can understand bed, aua and Arzt (Doctor).
You are a very fun, loving, independent, lovable, easy going child.  We are so proud to be your parents.  You are the light of our lives.  We love you so much.  Please don't change a bit, you are perfect the way you are.

Mama and Papa



No comments:

Post a Comment