Thursday, August 18, 2011

Eureka Train Ride and Things That Make Me Smile

While my mom was in town we went on a little road trip to Eureka Springs to ride the train.  It was a really hot day out, but we made it there for the 10am train ride and it was still bareable. 
Hannah and Oma at the train depot
The total train ride is about an hour long, which is perfect for little kids
The best part was when we got out of the train, because they had to turn the cabuse around.  We were able to make our own souvenirs by putting a coin on the train tracks and the cabuse rode over it.  First you had to spit on the coin though.....that was Hannah's favorite part.
Waiting patiently.....
I love this white dress on her (but it is very hard to keep clean)
It was getting really hot on the way back, you can see that Hannah's face is really red and my face is really shiny!
We walked around Eureka for a little bit and then had lunch at The Local Flavor.  The food is wonderful!
I stopped doing the monthly posts about what Hannah has been up to (when she turned two).  The entire blog is pretty much about her anyway, so I didn't think I needed to keep up with the monthly posts.  Here are some of my favorite stories from the last few weeks.  Hannah makes me laugh all the time.  I am sure this is boring for most of you, but it helps me keep track of everything.  It is so easy to forget when she did certain things.
You love to play hide and go seek.  You will also play it by yourself.  You go and hide a bunch of objects such as books and then you cover your eyes and count to ten and go look for them.  You get really excited and yell "found one" when you find all of the objects you just hid one minute earlier.  This makes me laugh every time. 
You get very concerned if I hurt myself (or you accidentally hurt me).  You always say "Kiss it Mama" and then after you kiss me you tilt your head and say "OK. Better".  You also want to get a "Pflaster" (band aid) for me and your new thing is that you run into the bathroom get a cotton pad hold it under water in the bathtub and then put it on my "aua". It is so sweet and makes me smile.
You like to count.  You can count from 1-10 in english.  You do like to skip 3-5 sometimes, but you are really good at counting from 6-10.  You also like to count 1-3 in german and you can count 4-10 in german as well, but you need a little help!  I told you to stop doing something the other day (more than once) and I asked you one last time to stop and I counted to three or you would have to go into time out.  Once I counted to three you continued to count from 4-10 and were really proud of yourself.  Of course I had to laugh and forgot about the whole time out thing.
You are not that good at your colors yet, we have to practice a little more.  Everythig is "orange" to you right now. 

We were eating dinner the other night and you were making a big mess, so I let out a big sigh.  You then copied me and let out an even bigger sigh.
You have learned our names and now you call us Scott and Katrin when we don't respond right away.  Scott doesn't like it when you call him by his first name, he wants to be called Papa or Daddy.  I think it is hilarious when you call us by our first name.  You have also learned our last name. 
Every day is differnet with you and you never know what you are going to get.  It is such a fun stage!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think these posts are boring!!! I LOVE them!! Give sweet Hannah a hug from her buddy Colin!

    ReplyDelete