Monday, August 22, 2011

Viva Las Vegas.....Again

When we went to Las Vegas last year I told myself that I will not go back for at least a few years.  We had been so many times in the last few years that I was just a little "vegas'd out".  So, when Scott first suggested to go back to Vegas this year I did not jump up and down with joy.  Then he said that there was going to be a concert by the final 8 from "The Voice" show at the end of July during the time my mom was going to be here to visit.  So, we did jump on that opportunity to leave Hannah with my mom and get away to Vegas for the weekend.
We had a long day getting there.  We decided to fly out of Springfield, MO, because the times and prices were better.  It is about a 2 hour drive from Bentonville, so we left at 9am in the morning.  Everything was scheduled to be on time and we boarded the plane.  Then they made an announcement that they were doing repairs on the long runway in Springfield and that our plane would not be able to take off with a full tank on the short runway.  Therefore, we had to stop in Wichita, KS to re-fuel.  Overall this was not supposed to be a long delay.  We took off and were in the air for a while when they made the announcement that the Wichita airport was closed due to thunderstorms and that we were re-directed to.......take a guess?????  Bentonville, AR.  So, we ended up right in our backyard where we started 5 hours earlier.  It took a while to re-fuel and then we finally took off 3 hours later.
When we got to Vegas we spent a little time at the pool at the MGM before it started to rain.  I don't think I have ever seen rain in Vegas before.  We had a nice dinner at Sea Blue at the MGM and then went to bed early. I know I am getting old when I am in bed by 10:30 pm in Vegas, but to be fair that is 12:30am central time :).  We got a nice massage the next morning and then spent the rest of the day by the pool.  It is a great place to people watch.  We enjoyed a great meal at Nobhill Tavern at the MGM before heading to the concert.  I just realized that we never even left the MGM on this trip. Ha!

I really enjoyed the concert, but I was a little sad that it was not sold out.  It did not seem very crowded and they blocked off almost half of the arena with black sheets.  I took a few pictures with my phone, so they are not great.  My favorite three singers are Dia Frampton, Javier Colon and Vicki Martinez.
After the concert I went to bed, because I was on the 7am flight back home.  Scott stayed up and gambled for a while.  He did not have to get up that early, because he had to go on to CA for work.
I had a great time and it was fun to spend some quality time with Scott, but this time I am really going to stay away for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment