Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Randoms

This post is going to be a little random.  I am going through the rest of my pictures from my camera and phone and there are several that don't have a "home" yet, so here you go......
Hannah loves to pick between her toes.  She does this often in the car and she is always very focused on it.  I know it is a little strange, but the funny thing is that I did this as a kid as well.  My mom took this picture and thought it was hilarious, because it reminded her a lot of me.
My moms last night here we went out to eat with some friends.  We were just sitting at the table and Hannah put her arms around me and my mom and said "picture".  So, Kristin was kind enough to take a picture of us and it turned out pretty good.  Thank you Hannah for wanting to take a picture with us.
Here is another example of Hannah asking to have her picture taken.
A few weeks back we attended a wonderful shaving cream art playdate.  Hannah had a great time playing with the shaving cream and creating some "art".
Hannah recently had her first day of dance after the summer break and her first day back at Mother's Day Out.  Hannah now dances without me.  I get to watch her from the waiting room and it is just too cute to watch these little girls dance.  She is doing really well and listens to the teacher.  I am very proud of her!  Hannah loves to watch the video of her recital.  She wants to watch it every day and she gets very excited (I need to figure out how I can upload the video to this blog).

This was the first day of school.  I love that I can do pigtails now (when she lets me).
I also wanted to document a few of the things Hannah is currently doing.  Her favorite songs are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Happy Birthday, Frere Jacques (she sings this in French and not German or English).  Hannah also has a few German songs she really likes.  Her favorites are Auf der Mauer auf der Lauer and Der Kuckuck und der Esel.
Hannah still loves band aids.  We go through a lot of them and have quite the collection.  Every time she gets hurt or thinks she is hurt she wants a band aid.  Hannah also gets band aids as a reward for sleeping well!
We practice letters in the bath tub every night and she has been doing really well with.  Here is a list of names she can identify: M=Mama, P=Papa, A=Allison, B=Bennett, G=Oma Gisela, J=Grandma Jeannie, I=Grandpa Irv, V=Volker, O=Opa Helmuth, H=Hannah.
The sweetest words Hannah says are "wuv you Mama/Papa".  She knows that I really like to hear it.  She thinks it is funny when I beg her to say it.  I say "bitte, bitte, bitte" (please) and she repeats that and then says "wuv you Mama".
My mom wanted to buy Hannah another dress when we were out shopping and she said "genug Kleidchen Hause", which means enough dresses at home.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment