Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Warrior Dash Tulsa

A group of us decided to participate in the Warrior Dash.  It was finally time and we went up to Tulsa last weekend to participate.  We had a blast!  I was very surprised by how big this event is.  There were close to 8,000 people that participated in Tulsa.  They had waves of up to 500 people start every 30min.  It is a 3.22 mile run with 10-12 (I can't remember the exact number) of obstacles.  The run was through the woods and up a major hill. 
Before the race

The hill we came down on at the end

We jumped over barricades, went under barbwire, ran over old cars, jumped through tires, dodged tires, climbed ropes, swam through water and over logs, crawled through mud under a net and under barb wire, jumped over fire and climbed some other obstacles.  After you cross the finish line you can get hosed down and then get a free beer!
Matt jumping over fire
Hannah was wondering why we were so muddy

After we got cleaned up a little
Ruby made the trip too and cheered us on
The guys
The girls and the kids

It was great to have friends there, so we took turns watching the kids.  We will definitely participate again next year.  Scott has suggested to follow the Warrior Dash around the country and see how many we can do in one year. Ha!  Wouldn't that be fun!

You can check out the details, results and official race pictures HERE.  I don't look like I am having a great time in most of the pictures......I look very focused and look down in most of them.  I got very competitive as the race started and wanted to do well.  I know that is a big surprise. 

I forgot my camera, so thank you Debbie and Steve for taking pictures and sharing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment