Monday, July 15, 2013

We Are Back

We are back from a last minute trip to Germany.  We were not planning on going to Germany until later in the year, but all of a sudden I had the urge to go home and see my family (I had not been since last summer. I have never not been home for that long).  I was really hestitant to fly with Evan, but he got the green light from his cardiologist, so we decided last minute to book a trip and go.  Even after talking to the doctor I was not sure, but I am so glad that we did.  It was great to be home and visit family and see old friends and introduce Evan to Germany.  My mom had not seen Evan since he was released from the hospital and my dad and brother had not met him yet.  It is a long trip over there, but both kids did great.  Hannah is a seasoned traveler by now and knows exactly what to expect.  Evan slept a lot in my arms, so to him it was a great day!

Every time we go to Germany I think I am going to keep up with the blog since I have "built in babysitters" and a lot more free time.  I don't think I have ever written a post while being over there.  I spend my free time eating fresh bread, cheese, croissants, sausages, gelato and drinking Latte Machiato's and during the rest of my free time I need to go for a run.

When we got to my parents house Hannah immediately said "You, daddy and Evan go take a nap.  I have to play with Oma".  So, that is what we did.  We slept for 3+ hours, while Hannah entertained my parents.  Normally Hannah naps for a few hours as well, but she was adamantly against it this time.  So, we thought she would just sleep great that night.  That backfired on us.  By that night she had been up for 30 hours and was getting delirious.  We put her to bed and she slept for a little bit and then woke up hysterical.  She was asking for stickers and needed them really bad.  Huh????  She did not calm down until I found some stickers and she put them on her pillow.  She went back to sleep for about 30min and then woke up screaming again and needed something to eat.  I made her a little sandwich and she put that next to her bed (she eventually ate it around midnight).  Once again she went to sleep and woke up shortly after that asking for jewelry.  She was hysterical again and did not calm down until I found not only one necklace, but several.  She put them next to her bed and went back to sleep.  We did not recognize our child, it was almost a little scary.  The next morning we thought she was fine and acted normal, but all of a sudden she got sick and threw up.  Hannah never gets sick.  She was really surprised too and asked "What was that?".  Scott looked up her "symptoms" and found out that psychosis and getting sick are signs of exhaustion and jet lag.  She rested for a while and was fine.  We decided to go to a street festival.  I wanted her to take it easy, but within 5min she was on the little train going in circles and then asked my dad for a sausage (which he of course bought her).  I was a little worried about her eating a sausage, but then I figured there is no better to find out if her tummy is back to normal than eating a huge sausage followed by riding the carousel 10 times.  I am happy to report that she was fine. 
Here are a few pictures from our first day

No comments:

Post a Comment