Wednesday, July 17, 2013

6 Months Update

Dear Evan,
You had a really big month.  You started to roll over, we introduced you to a few solids and you went on your first trip to Germany.  You also went on your first boat ride.  You are a really sweet boy and like to laugh a lot.  Hearing you laugh out loud is my favorite thing.
You started to roll from your tummy to your back and have that down now.  You are really close to rolling from your back to your tummy.  You did it once, but most of the time that arm gets in the way.  You like tummy time a little better now, but if you are tired of it you will just roll to your back.  You are still very proud of yourself when you do it.....you smile really big after rolling over.

I knew that you were ready for some solids, because you started to reach for my food (if I was holding you while eating) and opened your mouth.  It was really cute.  We started with a little oatmeal cereal and you spit it out, it just took a few times for you to realize that you can swallow it down.

Your first bite


You really like to sit in your highchair during dinner time and be part of the family and eat a little food.  We gave you a hard roll to chew on while in Germany and you loved it.  I am pretty sure you did not really eat much of it, but you loved slobbering and chewing on it.


You have also tried apples, pears and sweet potatoes.  I am making your baby food and I am having fun with it.

You did so good on our trip to Germany.  I was very proud of you.  Hopefully next time you will sleep better while we are over there.  It was a little exhausting for me.

You still like to put your feet in your mouth.  You get really mad if you drop something.  You like to drink a few sips of water out of a glass and get really mad when I try to take the glass from you.


You had your 6 months check up today and you weigh 18lbs 9oz (75th percentile) and are 27 1/2 inches long (90th percentile).  You are a big boy and I wouldn't have it any other way:).  One less thing to worry about.  I remember leaving the hospital and you were so skinny and we had to get you weighed at the doctor's for a few weeks.  You made up for lost time quickly and I am very happy about that.
And there goes the sticker.....

You go in for another echocardiogram tomorrow morning and you go in to see the cardiologist next week.  I know you will do great, but I am still a little nervous.

We love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment