Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Well hello there…….

Hello there blog!  It's me.  I know its been a while, but rest assured we have been doing fine and have been busy making memories.  It is time to play a little catch up.  I feel like that is all I do on here.

Hannah just finished her 2 week April/May break and we are trying to get back into the swing of things.  I really enjoyed having her home for those two weeks.  We went to Florida for almost a week and spent a night in Branson going to Silver Dollar City.  More on that later…..

A little over a month ago we went to Eureka Springs for Brandon and Annie's wedding and left the  kids behind.  It was a beautiful day celebrating the happy couple and was a nice little getaway.
 


This was the kids right before we left that day……Hannah can still get Evan to do just about anything.

The next day we headed back home in the mornings and got ready for Hannah's first horse show.  It was a little chilly out, which made it not that fun to be out there all afternoon, but Hannah really enjoyed it and she said she had a dream that she would win a medal….
She looks so grown up in her riding uniform
Well and her dreams came true……Hannah's team got second place
This girl was just hanging out watching the riders and eating lots of snacks
Nora never liked sitting in her highchair and lately it was a big challenge to even get her into it, so we switched to a booster seat.  She is pretty proud of herself that she can sit at the table with is now.
I think this must have been an extra good yoghurt. Nora is in the stage where she wants to do everything by herself.  I do love that stage, but it sure is messy.  She is growing up way too fast.  She is very animated and tries to copy everything we say.  
Not sure that I am proud of this one, but Nora knows the Starbucks sign.  When she sees it  anywhere (even in Florida) she yells from her seat "kakao", which is chocolate milk in German.  Ha!  Good thing we bought some Starbucks stock.
This firecracker also loves to play in the water and will get soaked every chance she gets.

Hannah and I had a little Girls Scout hiking outing.  It was fun spending some one on one time with her.
We hiked to the waterfall at Tanyard Creek.  It is so pretty on that trail
The next week Evan and Nora joined us at the Girls Scout meeting since Scott was out of town and couldn't watch the two little ones.  Evan really enjoyed being a Girls Scout for the day.  He actually did really well for most of the meeting.
I also got to join Hannah on her field trip to the Amazeum.  Always a good time to hang out with a bunch of first graders.
Evan is starting to get into playing "house", because that's all Hannah wants to play.  He asked me to play house with him the other day and I asked what I am .  He said that I am the mom.  Then I asked him what he is going to be and he said "I am the honey".  Ha!  Hannah always calls him honey when they play house.
The kids still like to bake cupcakes and decorate them.  We always do this and then usually nobody eats them…..except for one when it comes out of the oven.
Until next time, hopefully it won't be that long.















No comments:

Post a Comment