Thursday, August 25, 2016

My Little Brothers Wedding

My little brother (who is not so little anymore) got married in June in Cologne, Germany.  We were so excited to be a part of this special day.  It was so fun to see so many family members come to visit for the big event.

Getting ready to go.  We do clean up nicely when we try:)
The many faces of Evan……getting him to look at the camera is a challenge , but he sure looks handsome in his little suit.
The kids with Max (my cousins son…..does that make him their first cousin 
????)
These next pictures are very difficult for me to look at, but they also make me very happy and I am so glad to have them.  These will be some of the last pictures of my dad.  My dad passed away a little over three weeks after the wedding.  I think I will be ready to write about him soon.  

My dad with three of his grandchildren.  I know he was very proud of them and loved to share their stories.  Every time I talked to him he asked about more Evan stories (there is usually an abundance of Evan stories).  He would tell those stories to everybody and embellish them just a little bit.  
Look at these precious little girls ready for the wedding.  Hannah was ready to get her dance on…….she didn't know it was still going to be a long time before the dance floor opened up:)
Daddy and his littlest princess
Hannah selfie

We didn't take many pictures at the wedding.  We were busy having fun and making memories.  
This was right after the ceremony.
After the ceremony we had champagne, coffee and cake before entering the reception hall for dinner.  It was a little rainy out, but that did not put a damper on the celebration.  
Nora kept walking along this table where people put their used plates and she would try to eat the leftover chocolate cake from the plates:)
I had to push all the plates back so she can't reach them
Hannah was supposed to sit with us during dinner at a different table, but she didn't want to leave Opa's side, so they made room for her at the table.  These pictures are very precious to me now.  Hannah has always had a special bond with my dad.  She was their first grandchild!
My dad and his mom
The beautiful bride with Annabelle. A special mommy and daughter moment during a busy day.
Look at this beautiful and fun reception hall.  It is an old auction hall at the terminal market.  It was a very cool place.
They had a separate room (where the ceremony took place) that was converted into a children's play area.  They hired this kids event company that brought all kinds of toys and arts and crafts and three babysitters.  It was perfect and such a genius idea.  They even had a little play kitchen and a teepee tent.  Evan loved the play kitchen.  If a child got fussy they would come find the parents next door.  Lots of parents brought pack n plays and put their kids to sleep in that room, so they could enjoy the festivities.  Our kids made it until midnight and then we just left.

The first dance.  I love this picture.  They had taken dance lessons and put on a beautiful first dance.

Nora found some chocolate mousse to take on the dance floor (the pictures are a little blurry, but still so cute and show her crazy personality ).
Ashley dancing with my dad.  He looks happy and I know he was having a good time.  We are so thankful that he was able to enjoy that day and be a part of this very special time.  I know he had been looking forward to this day for a long time.  He was so happy for my brother and Vera.
I absolutely love this picture.  None of us remember the song they were dancing to (I wish I did), but you can see that he was singing along and having a good time.
Evan was quite obsessed with the sparklers.  Aunt Ashley took him outside a hundred times to light more.
And then he would go to the buffet to get another sausage
They had a fun photo booth set up.  I believe Hannah is in about 90% of all the photo booth pictures.  She was having a blast.  
Scott, Ashley, Evan and myself had somebody take a picture of us in the photo booth.  We lost the N balloon……
I got to see all of the pictures from the photographer when I was home again.  They are gorgeous and I hope that I will get to share a few of them on here. 
Vera, if you a re reading this please know that I am so happy to have you in the family.  You are a very special and wonderful and beautiful (inside and out) person.  I just wish we lived a little closer.  We couldn't be happier for the two of you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment