Friday, November 3, 2017

Life Lately

I am sharing a little of our life lately......anything from class field trips to a gingerbread haunted house.  Life has been busy lately and I feel like I am finally catching up a little this week.

I joined Hannah on a class field trip to Tanyard Creek a few weeks ago.  It was such a fun field trip.  The kids got to learn about the dam, go for a little hike, go fishing and made a water bottle xylophone.


It was a beautiful morning out

The water xylophone was fun......I enjoyed playing twinkle twinkle little star on it

Lunch and Selfie time



Hannah was doing some performances that evening.....and we did some puzzles and hot chocolate after dinner (we always do this when Scott is out of town)


Unfortunately Nora was diagnosed with Pneumonia the next day, so our plans for the weekend changed.  We were cooped up at home a lot, so we had to get creative with some activities.
We built this piƱata and Evan loved destroying it.....

Then we went outside to play some t-ball while Nora was resting

Nora started to feel better after 24 hours on the antibiotic, but then two days later the fever returned and she was miserable, so back to the doctor we went.  It took two more doctors visits and a few shots to get her better.  After getting a shot and leaving the doctors office Nora said very dramatically " I am never ever ever going to Dr Scally's again". Haha.
The tough part was to keep her from running around like crazy once the fever was gone.  That girl does not know how to take it easy.

"Look mommy I put on some lipstick"


Bath time

I asked her to wash her hands the other day and she said" I already washed my hands last year".   I love it when kids use time references, but have no idea of the concept of time yet.  I asked her to come inside and she said "I will come inside in 3 hours".
Nora had to finish taking her antibiotic this week and I always mixed it in with chocolate milk.  I asked her to please drink her chocolate milk and she said "Mommy you are being bossy".  I didn't even know what to say to her and I don't know where she gets all of this from.....

We met Hannah for lunch at school and picked up pizzas from Morgan.  The kids loved their special messages on the inside of the pizza boxes.





We decorated a haunted gingerbread house....


Everybody was hard at work and sneaking some candy in between


Our finished product


Evan loves to bowl and Hannah doesn't care for it, so I took the two little ones bowling one morning when Hannah was in school.  Nora beat Evan and he was not happy about it at first, but then soon he kept saying "It's ok, you win some and you lose some".  He is by far our best loser!

Ms Personality said "Mommy I am sweating playing bowling"


In action

I actually had to take a picture of the scores at the end.  I am not a good bowler and if I break 100 I am happy.  132 is a pretty good score for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment