Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Dear Evan

Dear Evan,
Another year has passed and you turned the big 5 years old.  You will start Kindergarten this year.  How is this possible?  I wish I was better at putting my thoughts down on paper (or I should say the computer), but I am not.  I was actually reading through all of my blog entries from 5 years ago last night and I was an emotional mess.  We have talked to you about how sick you were when you were born, but I know you don't really understand.  I want you to read my Blog entries from 5 years ago one day when you are older so you can see what an incredible strong little guy you were.  After reading it again this week I truly believe that you are a miracle boy and a strong fighter.  I do think it shows in your personality today.  You do not give up (as annoying as that can sometimes be, I am certain that's what got you through your first few weeks of life and I am so thankful for that fighting spirit).  
You are a very smart, sweet, wild and gross (by that I just mean the typical boy stuff) little boy.  You always have an answer or a solution to every problem or argument.  You are very creative and love to build things.  You are always the peace maker and come up with compromises.  You always tell us how much you love us.  You always have to be doing or playing something.  You are nonstop and exhausting.  You think poop and farting jokes or songs (its amazing what kind of songs you can find on Alexa) are hilarious.  You love board games (currently Monopoly is your favorite and you are really good at it).  You are competitive and love to win, but you are also a great loser (your sisters could learn a thing or two from you).  You love to play soccer, football, basketball, baseball, foosball, bowling......basically anything that has to do with a ball.  You like to play rough and wrestle and your sisters are not always fans of that.  
Five year ago today is when you were flown down to ACH.  I will NEVER forget that day and the emotions and how scared we were.  You had to go through more than any tiny human ever should have to go through, but you came out strong on the other side.  We are so thankful to have you here and we are beyond proud of you.  We love you to chick-fil-a, the ice cream store and to chuck e cheese and back (the moon is not good enough in your opinion).

You are also a very handsome little dude.
Your birthday table.
We drove up to Lawrence, KS last weekend to go to the KU vs K State basketball game.  That is how you wanted to spend your birthday weekend (your daddy may have had a little influence on that wish:)).  We will still celebrate your birthday with a party with friends next weekend.

We love you,
Mommy and Daddy


1 comment:

  1. Your Grandma Jeannie is one of your many fans as well, Evan. We knew through those very dark days in Little Rock 5 years ago that you were a fighter, as well a very sweet spirit. God has blessed you, Evan in so many ways—first of all by answering our prayers for your survival 5 years ago,and now seeing all the special things that make you our one and only Evan. Love you a lot, buddy!

    ReplyDelete