Friday, August 31, 2018

Lake Garda and Heading to Germany

I know I said this last time, but I am going to say it again.  Lake Garda is a very special place to me.  next time we need to stay a little longer and my brother and his family need to join us.  

We walked to dinner and found a nice spot right by the water.
Our dinner spot
Time please slow down just a little.....Hannah looks so grown up (and some days she acts like she is a full blown teenager)
Being silly with little sister
We walked over to the water while waiting on our food and fed the ducks and swans
It was a really pretty spot
The sunset that night was gorgeous
The next morning we went back top the beach for a bit before going on a speed boat tour.  It was a really clear day and you could see all the mountains surrounding the lake.
My dad would have really enjoyed our little excursion to Lake Garda.  

The speed boat tour was fun (except for our kids fighting the entire time over where they would sit).  Lake Garda is best enjoyed by boat.
We rode over to Sirmione Castle
Selfie didn't work out that great
We rode through the castle
This selfie worked out a little bit better
The town of Sirmione
Jamaica Beach
Of course we had to get more gelato that night....I had never seen Red Bull gelato before
The next morning we packed up headed to the airport.  Scott had to go to Spain for a work trip and my mom and me and the kids headed to Cologne.
Waiting on our taxi in front of the hotel.
One more last view of the lake
The kids were happy to be at my moms house and made themselves at home right away.  The next day they didn't want to do anything, but just hang out at the house and play.  It had been a whirlwind up to this point, so it was nice to just have a day with nothing to do.

Scott flew on a Budget airline down to Spain and booked first class.  This is the picture he sent me with the caption "if this is first class I don't want to know what economy looks like".  haha!

We had beautiful weather the entire trip.  It only rained one time in 4 weeks!
It was actually a little too hot.

After taking a day to rest, we headed to the Rhein River the next afternoon to play.  We packed a little picnic, played on the playground and by the river.
The water was so low, because it had been so hot and no rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment