Monday, September 17, 2018

More of Germany

Scott got to Germany a few days after us.  We enjoyed an evening by the river for the Cologne Lights Fireworks.  The main firework is downtown from the river, but that is way past my bedtime.  They have a lot of boats that line up right by my parents house and then they make their way down the river for the big firework show.  There are smaller fireworks along the way.  It is one of my favorite nights to go see all of the boats line up followed by the firework.  We brought some drinks and sparklers and enjoyed the night.  My mom brought a pack of 100 sparklers and the kids went through all of them.  I am pretty sure they didn't even watch the firework show, because they were too busy with their sparklers.









More and more boats started to show up as it was getting darker.






The next morning we headed into the city for our annual climb of the cathedral. Evan decided to stay home with my mom, because he said it makes his legs hurt.  I was a little bummed he didn't want to go, but I also didn't want to have to carry him up all the steps.  

 I love to see the cathedral every time.  

The girls did great walking up the over 500 steps......





Afterwards we strolled around the city for a while.  It was getting pretty hot, so we didn't stay that long.





We went by my grandmothers house and she has a picture on the wall from when I was around Hannah's age.  Scott took a picture of me and Hannah in front of that picture. I do think she is mine:)


We also did our annual trip to the Gummy Bear outlet store with my parents friends.  The kids love this (especially Hannah) and take full advantage of my parents friends generosity.  We left with bags of gummy bears and all kinds of gummy bear swag.....including a suitcase to bring all of the gummy bears home.






No comments:

Post a Comment