Friday, December 11, 2020

Friday Round Up

 We had unseasonably warm temperatures the last few days and hit 74 degrees and then we have a chance of snow in the next few days.  With all the virtual school options now, the kids dreams of a snow day are shattered......we already got an email today in case there is inclement weather that they will just switch to online learning......who knew COVID would also ruin snow days :)

Hannah keeps baking and these wreath cupcakes turned out so cute.  She loves to watch baking shows and videos.......they always make it look so easy.  It does not look this good when I try to decorate baked goods.


We made our winter to do list......had to get a little more creative to come up with things to do at home.


Hannah had a dental surgery this week.  We have been putting this off for a while (it was supposed to happen in the Spring and then you know what happened........).
We found out several years ago that Hannah had an extra tooth.  It was all the way up in there in between her two front teeth.  It wasn't a big concern until the tooth started to lower......it could have really messed up her front teeth, so it was time.  They had to put her under and cut it out.  I know it sounds fun!
She was SO brave.  I was able to walk her in and then had to leave when they were putting her under and Scott and I waited in the car.  After she woke up they wheeled her out to us.  She was very groggy for a while and got to eat ice cream multiple times that day.

Look at the size of that tooth!

She stayed home one more day to recover. She was starting to feel better that day and I really enjoyed having her home.  We listened to Christmas music and wrapped some presents.

Every year I have gone into the kids classrooms (in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade) to talk about Christmas in Germany and the traditions we have there.  It has always been one of my favorite things to do.  Since that was not possible this year I offered to make a video.  Hannah filmed the video on the day she was home.  I wanted to just do it in my work out clothes and ponytail and Hannah was trying to turn into an entire production.  Choosing an outfit, hair, make up.....we compromised and I let her put a braid into my hair and "edit" the video.  Now I know how to make myself look better in pictures.  Ha!  That vibrant setting is pretty good. 


I didn't tell Nora about the video, so she was very surprised to see her mom on the screen at school.


We didn't put out all of our Christmas decorations this year and we switched it up a little.  
I love how it all turned out.



Wednesday afternoon we decided to make some gingerbread cookies and decorate them.



Mine does not look like Santa.....

This snowman looks a little scary


And we have a tie dye Santa



Our Elf is never on time, but he finally made an appearance yesterday.
Today he was in the playroom......Nora gets very excited to go look for him.

The Elf asked to play The Floor is Lava, so Evan went right for that.



















No comments:

Post a Comment