Monday, October 4, 2021

Life Lately

 I am still trying to catch up on the Blog, so a Life Lately post from the last few months it is.


We had a pretty successful garden this year and I feel like that is worth documenting on the Blog :).  

The only problem with the garden is that I get eaten alive by mosquitoes every time I go near the garden.....even wearing pants and long sleeve shirt.  So, towards the end of the summer I let it go and the weeds took over very quickly.  It is now a jungle, but I am still getting papers out of the garden now.  

We made mini pizzas for lunch one day and we came up with the idea to add leftover bowtie pasta to the pizza.  Why not?




We started a game of Monopoly outside and didn't get to finish it (I know this a big surprise), but I asked Evan to clean it up so that it doesn't get blown away.  He wanted to make sure that we can pick up the game where we left it off next time and asked me to take a picture of the board, so that we can set it up again.

Towards the end of summer break I surprised the kids with a "Yes day"......they came down in the morning to a little "Yes Day" set up with some ideas and rules.


A list of "Yes Day" ideas....

Some of the rules were:
Nothing dangerous or illegal (not sure that we really needed to mention that).
All kids had to agree
There was a budget
All requests had to be for that day
No screen time
The kids were pretty reasonable in their requests and we had a lot of fun.  We ended the day with watching the movie "Yes Day".
They wanted to have a bake off, so we went and bought baking supplies.  This is Evan's grill he made....Hannah made the chocolate chip cookies.
Then we built a fort in the living room and ate lunch in it.



We had lots of little requests all day.

Coke science experience.....

And the grand finale was to "pie" the parents.  We settled for just whipped cream.

We did our annual night swim and s'mores right before school started again.  We have been doing this with Eve 8 years!  Such a fun tradition.

And then before we knew it the first day of school was here.....







They switched signs....
I had a little surprise set up for them after the first day of school


During the first week of school I left on a trip to Germany to see my mom and brother and family.  Due to COVID it had been almost two years since I saw them last.  The trip was way over due and very needed.  I don't like leaving my family behind and I was pretty nervous, but as soon as I got there I was fine.  I spent a week with my mom and saw my brother and his family a lot too.  I finally got to meet my newest niece.
I took a total of 4 pictures the entire week.

This is one of the pictures I sent to Scott with a time stamp on it......I was sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper at noon.  That never happens!

My mom and I went on a lot of walks and bike rides along the river.


It was so good to visit with my mom and we made the most out of our time.  I also didn't realize how much I missed Germany.  I felt right at home again.

Right before I left on my trip I had taken Evan back to the eye doctor and we decided that he will need glasses for school.  Picking out glasses took less than 60 seconds with Evan.  He tried on two pairs and knew right away that the second pair he tried on was it. I remember picking out glasses for myself as a kid and that it took an entire afternoon.....the no pile, the maybe pile, then starting over again with the maybe pile ect......
They picked up the glasses while I was gone and I think he looks so handsome in his glasses.  He does not mind wearing them at all, because he can tell a difference at school when he is wearing them.  At home he only wears them on Football Sunday's, because he can read the score better on the TV!

I brought back some fun things for the kids and for Nora I brought a little scrapbook kit and we worked on it right away.  It was a travel scrapbook and we put pictures of our trips in it.





Hannah in her school dance uniform.  She looks so grown up.
They are on the sidelines during home football games and then perform at half time.  Being part of the dance team has been a great thing for Hannah.


Evan and Nora finished all of the Arkansas Diamond books and got their names on the wall at school. 
Nora won the Bobcat award for August.  We are very proud of her.  She loves school so much!
I am somewhat caught up at this point.  Yeah!










No comments:

Post a Comment