Friday, August 18, 2023

Summer Update

Well, it happened again.  Summer got really busy and I never updated the Blog.  School started again this week, which seems so crazy to me.  Where did summer break go?  I refuse to say summer is over, it is just summer break that is over :).  

I have a lot to catch up on.....we stayed busy with dance, basketball, football, friend time and traveling.  

Once again I am going to play catch up for a while, but for today I am going to start with back to school.  First time that we are at 3 different schools.  It is going to take us a little bit of time to figure out all the logistics of that.  Hannah is in High School! She was able to get zero hour on her A days (but not B days), so she has different start and end times depending on her days and dance schedule.  Evan and Nora are still at the same times, but at different schools......this is not a logistics problem though since the schools are right next to each other.  I had to set myself an alarm labeled "Don't forget Hannah" for the first day os school, because she got out to early due to her zero hour and I have never picked up a kid that early from school :)

It is kind of crazy how grown up she looks



She left for school before Evan and Nora were up, so we didn't get a picture of all three together.





Only two more years left at Elementary school....we will have been at that school for over a decade by then.  It will feel very strange not to go back there, but that is still two years from now!

We had a busy ending to our summer.  We went on a last minute trip to Cancun, both girls had choreography camps for dance, started soccer and tackle football and we went to KC to the Ed Sheeran concert. 

We had tickets to the Ed Sheeran concert and then realized we had a busy Saturday morning/early afternoon.  Scott had to travel for work and flew into KC on Saturday afternoon and we rolled in on time to pick him up at the hotel and went straight to the Ed Sheeran concert at Arrowhead.
The concert was awesome and I like him even more now.  He is such a talented musician.  It was just him and his guitars for almost 2 1/2 hours!

I wanted to wear a hat to the concert and then Hannah actually wanted to be twinning with me.....I jumped on that opportunity, because that will probably never happen again.  Normally I embarrass her just by being there :)






Not too shabby of a first concert for Evan and Nora....








Such a fun night.
We had to head home early the next day to be back for acro (I think), so it was less than 15 hours in KC, but so worth it!

I am still a little bit in denial that Hannah is now a BHS Tiger....
First time being on the sidelines for the scrimmage at Tiger Pride.  That night was also her first time performing for BHS.  



We have had a tradition of doing a night time swim and s'mores before school starts with Robin and Eve since 2014 when Hannah started Kindergarten.  We have never missed a year.  Towards the last few weeks of summer we always realize that we are running out of time and have to scramble to find a night that is not busy.



We made it happen!

We also squeezed in a night at the Brewery with friends....just a few kids missing in this picture!
These are my favorite nights!

If you notice, there have been not boat pictures all summer.  Crazy, right?  We finally took the boat out on the last day of summer break and I didn't even get a picture.  









No comments:

Post a Comment