Thursday, September 21, 2023

Last part of our trip- Croatia and Germany

Our boat driver called earlier in the day to get us a reservation for a late lunch at a popular spot right on the water.  It was great, we pulled up in the boat, hopped out and were seated right away!





We enjoyed a great lunch with fresh seafood and then headed back out for some more cruising around and swimming.




The water was so clear that you could see Evan's toes:)


Hannah enjoyed this part the best.....





We were tied and worn out from a full day out on the water.  Such a fantastic day!  

We loved exploring the town of Hvar.  So many pretty streets and always a view of the water.



I went on a run along the water the next morning (and got caught in a downpour) and came across this obstacle course.  I told the family about it and we decided to all walk down there and check it out.  We all went on the obstacle course and had a lot of fun.  Note to self: don't put sunscreen on right before getting on a water obstacle course, it was way too slick.  The kids always make these things look so easy, but my old self had to go really slow:)

We had a great lunch by the water and enjoyed our last afternoon on Hvar!





Family selfie 



One last ice cream

The next morning we took the Ferry back to Split and headed to the airport.  Scott flew back to London to head home the next day and the rest of the crew flew to Germany to spend a week with my family.

We went on this green bumble bee plane and though it was kind of fun looking
We went straight to my brothers house and my nieces had made this really cute Welcome table and Banner!  It was so cute.


They made a snow globe with a soccer ball in it for Evan!

We went over to my moms apartment later that night and she still has the grocery store set up (for my brothers kids).  We have so many memories and pictures of all of our kids playing in this store.....it has always been a favorite for them and apparently it still is!


The next morning we did our traditional climb up the Dom cathedral.  It was a little sad that Scott wasn't with us, but we still had to do it!
533 steps to the top





Then it was time for some French fries for lunch



We had to follow it up with some ice cream in the afternoon with the cousins. The kids favorite ice cream shop"Nino's"  around the corner from my brothers house has new owners and we had to make sure the ice cream is still as good!  We will always call it "Nino's" even if he is not the owner anymore.
All my moms grandkids together!
We also too the ferry across the river to play putt putt and walk around for a while.


These two get along so well and always have a great time together despite not speaking the same language.

We also spent a day in Phantasialand theme park and it's always a favorite.  They have a new ride called "F.L.Y" (flying launch coaster) and you are strapped in like you are flying (like lying on your stomach).  I had no desire to do this coaster, so my brother had to go with all my kids.

They also loved the ride Taron, which goes super fast and the rails cross 116 times, which is a world record (I just found this piece of information when I was looking for the name of this ride)
This 3D Family ride is more my speed :)

I did go on a few roller coasters, but I know my limits




I did not take many pictures during our week, but here is one more from the river in Rodenkirchen.
I enjoyed some spaghetti ice cream with my friend Nina!

On our last night I promised the kids that I would sleep in the tent with them in the backyard.  A few of the kids backed out last minute (I won't mention any names. Haha), but there were 4 of us that spent the night in the tent.
Mariella lost a tooth that evening and Nora had one that was a little wiggly, but not really anywhere close to coming out.  Well, she worked on that tooth so much that evening that it came out too.
The tooth fairy did find her ion the tent!
The good byes are never easy, but we were sop happy to have a week in Germany with my family!
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment