Tuesday, September 19, 2023

More of Hvar

The next morning we walked down into town and then up to the fortress...... 

And I am pretty sure at this point on our trip my family was feeling this (replace friend with family member):

Every time we walked back down into town and around this corner I would stop to take a picture.  I have so many of the exact same picture.  Its was so pretty and depending on the time of the day the water would look so different......



Thew view just kept getting better around every corner...












We spent quite a bit of time up there exploring the fortress and we had nothing but blue skies.





We got away with two family pictures where everyone was looking.  Big win!



We locked the kids into the jail.... 


Croatia quickly became one of my favorite vacation spots.  There is just something about the Mediterranean feel.....


We went to a little pebble beach in the afternoon on our way back to the apartment.  

Evan and Nora found some shade and started their rock stacking challenge....

I think the record is 15......we all tried it and it was quite obsessive to try and get just one more rock on top.  





Then they moved on to hot stone therapy :)



We enjoyed some fabulous views from our terrace before heading back down for dinner


Hannah asked Evan to put on some nice clothes and this is how he showed up!


Dinner also had a great view.  
The next day was probably my favorite of the trip.  We had a boat with driver for the day to explore the Blue Cave, Blue Hole and some cruising around and swimming.
We left the marina around 9am and had about an hour cruise over to some caves.







The water was absolutely incredible and I took a million pictures of blue water :)


Our driver was fantastic and knew all the spots.  We also got to all the spots early enough before other boats were out.
I could not get enough of this water....it looked unreal




Our driver was a pro at navigating the boat into the cave.











Then we headed over to the actual blue cave.  We had to wait our turn a bit.  You board a small boat that takes you through it.....


This was the tip of the boat and you can see the small entry to the cave.  You had to duck down into the boat to get through.


It was really cool and fascinating to see the blue cave.



I am starting to realize that all my pictures look the same and that I took way too many pictures of blue water, but I just couldn't help it.




After the Blue Cave we cruised around for a while and had a late lunch reservation.

Evan thought he was big stuff drinking a coke on the boat:)

More blue water :)

I will be able to finish up our trip next time.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment