Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

Scott and I enjoyed a fun weekend in Las Vegas while Hannah stayed at home with grandma.  Megan and Barry joined us in Vegas and we had a great time hanging out together.  We had a pretty low-key weekend in Vegas (surprise) and I got more sleep there than I do at home. Ha!
We spent some time at the pool, walked the strip, gambled a little, went to the Barrett Jackson car auction, ate a lot of good food and visited Hoover Dam.  I have been to Vegas a lot of times, but I have never ventured away from the strip, so the Hoover Dam excursion was a nice experience. 
Barrett Jackson Car Auction
Dinner at Sirio in the new City Center
The Hoover Dam tour was pretty impressive.  We went into the dam and did a short raft trip on the Colorado river to see it from below.  And the dam jokes never got old :)
The new bridge is not in operation yet.  It is very impressive!
As you know I am not a gambler at all and I wasn't going to spend any of my own money on gambling :).  Scott gave me a little money to gamble with and I more than doubled it playing roulette.  I also placed 2 sports bets and won both of them again doubling my money.   I was very excited about my winnings and I stopped there.
It was a great weekend and I enjoyed some quality time with Scott, but I was so ready to head home and see Hannah on Sunday.  I know Hannah was in great hands and enjoyed her time with grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment