Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fabulous Fall Weekend

Fall has finally arrived in Northwest Arkansas and it is fabulous.  I am a big fan of summer, hot weather, taking the boat out, grilling out and all the other fun things summer has to offer, but I have to say that I am ready for fall this year.  We have had a really hot summer, which made it hard to enjoy the outdoors with a 1 year old.  We can finally spend time outside again without burning up. 
We had a busy and fun weekend.  Hannah and I hosted an arts and craft playdate at our house on Friday morning.  It is always great to see my Hip Mamas and all their cute kids.  We enjoyed the beautiful weather on the deck, some snacks and being crafty.
Friday night we went to downton Bentonville to the First Friday event on the square.  The theme for this month was Oktoberfest.  I felt right at home :)  We visited with some friends and watched the Brat eating contest, but we opted for dinner at Table Mesa instead of Brats.
Saturday morning I went to a baby shower honoring Nina and baby Josie.  Nina's sisters hosted a beautiful shower and it was great to catch up with some friends. We are excited to meet baby Josie in the near future.

On Sunday Hannah and I went to lunch and the pumpkin patch with a group of mommies and their kiddos.  Thank you Allisha for organizing a fun afternoon.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect!  Hannah was really busy at the pumpkin patch and it was hard to get a good picture of her.
This was Hannah last year at the pumpkin patch at 4 months old.......
........and this was Hannah today.  I cannot believe how much my baby has grown up.
Simon took Hannah's hand and walked her over to the big dirt pile to climb up on.  Those two are so cute together.
Climbing up the dirt pile
Feeding the goats


Petting a cow.  We had to use a lot of hand sanitizer after petting all the animals :)
Hanging out in the wagon
After the pumpkin patch we had one more event to go to.  The neighborhood Block Party.  It was great to meet some of our neighbors.  We had no idea how many kids we have in the neighborhood (Hannah is by far the youngest though).  Hannah enjoyed playing outside in the middle of the street during the block party.
I hope you all have a great week

1 comment:

  1. CUTE Pumpkin patch pictures, I love Hannah's outfit! Thanks for coming to the shower and for the glasses!

    ReplyDelete