Tuesday, October 5, 2010

16 Months Update

Dear Hannah,
It is hard to believe that you are already 16 months old.  You bring so much joy and laughter to our lives.  I can't even remember what we did with our lives before you were born.  It must have been really boring :)  Your little personality is shining through more and more every day and you make us laugh all the time.
Here is what you have been up to the last month.  You are a busy bee and keep me on my toes all day long. I am amazed by how much you can understand.  You are starting to say more english and german words and form a lot of sounds.  It feels like you are on the verge of saying full sentences.  You love to do animal sounds......you can now do a dog, cow, duck, monkey and a chicken. You are learning more body parts all the time.....you can show me your nose, ear, head, belly and mouth.  You are quite the good dancer.....you start dancing as soon as you hear music (you really enjoy reggae). You also really like to draw and paint.  You came home with a painting of grapes from school last week, which was very cute and so fitting since your daddy sells grapes for a living.  We framed it and daddy took it to his office.
Here are some of my favorite stories from the last few weeks.  You started to put on daddy's dirty socks (that he leaves around the house) at night and you sleep in them.  You will have a meltdown if I try to take them off. 
Still wearing daddys socks in the mornings
You also went to bed with a calculator the other night.  You have really enjoyed playing with this calculator and you fell asleep holding it, so I put you in your crib with the calculator.  I would have liked to get a picture of that, but I was afraid the flash would wake you and since you are still not sleeping well that would have not been fun for any of us. 
Playing with the calculator
You like to take my sunglasses off as soon as I walk into the door and then you try to put them on.  If I am not wearing sunglasses when we walk into the door you still reach for them and then just look at me funny.  You love to play outside and you just run up and down our street collecting rocks.  You found one of daddys old wigs in the garage the other night and daddy put it on you and it was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. 
It was really hard to get a good picture of you wearing the wig.  I will have to try again this week and I will post if I get a better one.
 You were sick last week while mommy and daddy were in Vegas and grandma took your temperature a few times.  So, this week you found the thermometer in your room and put it under your arm, waited for a few seconds, took it out and looked at it.  You repeated this several times.  You are quite the copy cat.  You also like to get on the scale in the mornings.
You are a very happy girl and I cannot get enough of your laugh, it just melts my heart. 


Spoons are overrated :)
We are very blessed to be your parents and we can't wait to see what the future has in store for our little family.
Your Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment