Monday, February 7, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Today we had our first normal day in almost a week.  No snow day!!!!  It was exciting to follow our normal routine.  We are expected to get more snow this week, but maybe they are wrong this time :)
Santa brought Hannah a play kitchen for christmas.  Unfortunately he did not put it together for her though. It came in a lot of little pieces, but we are very happy with the end result.  We have already cooked a lot of meals for everybody.  Hannah always wants to feed her grandparents through skype.  Very funny!



In other news.....we bought a potty for Hannah.  We have not started potty training, but for now she likes to play with her duck potty.
I have a couple of things I forgot to mention on my 20 months old update.  Hannah really likes to walk backwards now.  She thinks it is really funny.  She also likes to say her own name.  Most times it sounds like Anna.  If she plays peekaboo or hide and go seek she always yells out her own name. 
On another note......I decided to start baking my own bread.  I like a hearty whole grain bread and I have not really found one I like at the store.  I like the bread from the farmers market, but I can only get that 6 months out of the year (I bought a bunch and froze it, but I am out of that).  I found a recipe online that sounded really good and I made it last week.  The inital investment is a little high for a few loaves of bread, because I had to buy 5 different types of flour and 3 types of seeds, bread enhancers etc, but I will be able to make a few more loaves with the ingredients.

I was very pleased with the final outcome and I will continue to make my own bread.  I am excited to try a few variations of this recipe by changing up the types of flour and seeds.
Hope you are having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE "Hannah's Corner" How Cute! I hope after this week it will stop snowing for yall. I know that must get annoying ha!

    ReplyDelete