Sunday, May 13, 2012

Catching Up

We took the boat out last weekend, so in my books it is officially summer.   It was a beautiful day and we had a great time with friends out on the lake.  I look forward to the first boat outing all winter long.  After taking the boat out we stopped at Tony C's for dinner.  This has become kind of a tradition to stop there after taking the boat out.  It is such an intesting place, but the food is very good.

Hannah has been talking about ghosts a lot and she has been scared of the dark.  I am not sure why she is afraid of them, but I do know that at school all the kids pretend that ghosts and monsters are chasing them on the playground, so I am sure that has something to do with it.  I also have to leave the light on in her room at night, because she is so afraid.  I am hoping this is just a phase and that she will get over it soon.  I also believe that she has had some nightmares lately.  She was up for a while Monday night and we had a hard time calming her down.  The next morning she did not want to go to school.  I have never seen her so upset.  When we asked her why she didn't want to go to school she said that there are ghosts at school.  We could tell that she meant it, so Scott said that he would take her for the morning, so I could still get some stuff done.  He took her to the Naturals Baseball game......I was kind of hoping he would just take her to his office and she would be bored all morning, so that she would want to go back to school on Thursday. Ha!
Hannah also had another hair cut last week.  I took her to the kids place in Fayetteville.  She got a sucker, so that she would sit still and she was in heaven.  I think this little girl would do anything for a sucker.  She did great!  I only had them cut off a little bit and shape it up.  Her hair has gotten so long and I wish she would let me put it in a ponytail or pig tails more often.  I am sure if I bribed her with a sucker she would let me. Ha!

We spent a wonderful weekend in Branson with Debbie, Dan, Simon and Oliver.  We went to Silver Dollar City, celebrated my birthday and Mothers Day.  I will have more details on that next time. 
Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment