Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hannah Banana

It is time to write a little update on Hannah.  She has been in Kindergarten for 2 months already and is doing so well.  I am amazed at all of the things she is already learning and she always wants to practice reading and writing at home, but she doesn't really like it when I try to teach her things.  I hear "I know Mama", "I can do that myself" and "Don't show me that" a lot when trying to help her.  Hannah got to eat lunch with her teacher in the classroom today and she was so excited about that.  She got to pink (the highest) on her clip chart five times and eating lunch with the teacher is the reward.  I love that idea!  Her teacher has been absolutely wonderful.
Hannah started tennis a few weeks ago.  I used to play a lot of tennis and I thought it would be fun for her to try.  I signed her up and told her and her response was "What is tennis?". Ha!  After her first lesson she said that it is harder than it looks.  We are trying to practice some at home and she is getting better.  I hope she will stick with it and will learn to enjoy the sport.
Hannah has done a lot of swimming this summer.  She is a little fish and is doing so well in the pool.
We did a little s'mores and night swimming one evening before school started.  Hannah really enjoyed swimming in the dark with the lights on in the pool.  I think this would be something fun to do every year before school starts!

Of course Evan enjoyed it too!
Hannah is the best big sister and takes great care of Evan.  She is very loving and nurturing to him.  Sometimes she helps him to get in trouble, but most of the time she is the voice of reason:).  
This time she helped Evan turn the water on outside and they pushed the water table over there and both got naked and sat in it (I had asked Hannah to keep an eye on Evan while I was unloading the dishwasher and this is what I see when I look out the kitchen window)


Both kids like to get a hot chocolate on a Saturday morning.

She can't wait for the new baby to get here.  Hannah asked Scott a few weeks ago "Why does a baby in your belly make mommy so grumpy?".  Well, 9 months of morning sickness can do that to you.  We are almost there and I am so ready to feel normal again.

I was putting Hannah to bed the other night and laid with her for a while.  I told her that I was going to leave now, because she wasn't even trying to go to sleep.  She said "Mom my eyes are closed can't your respect that?".

I asked Hannah if she can help find Evan's shoes and she said "I would be honored to".

We had one chilly morning and Hannah dressed like it was snowing outside.  By the afternoon she was in a little summer dress again.

She has been singing a song about "swinging" and a "chimney".  It took me a while to realize that she is singing the Sia "Chandelier" song (yes I had to google that right now)  Chandelier or chimney.....same thing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment