Monday, November 21, 2016

Quick Trip to NYC

Last week Scott and I had the chance to go on a quick trip to NYC.  The kids stayed at home with grandma and grandpa and we headed off to the big apple for a couple of days.  I always get so nervous leading up to a trip without the kids, but once I am gone I really enjoy the adult time (and sleeping through the night without any interruptions).  It was great to have some one on one time with just Scott.

We got to the city Monday evening and enjoyed a few drinks and dinner
The next day was a little rainy most of the day, but we made the best out of it.  We walked over to Chelsea market.  We love a good food market.  So much fun to explore.  We ended up eating a great lunch there.
Look at that sandwich
From there we took the subway up to Rockefeller Center
This is the christmas tree.  I couldn't believe all of the scaffolding around it.  This years tree is 94 feet tall.
We had to take a picture in front of the American Girl Doll store for Hannah
Quick stop at Times Square on our way to Carlos' Bakery
Our kids love the show Cake Boss, so they requested that we get them something from the bakery.  We ended up with a little box of cookies and an apron for them…..one of these cakes would have been much cuter, but we didn't want to transport that home
The main reason we went to NYC was this
KU played Duke in Madison Square Garden.  Scott was super excited to see KU play at the Garden.
 
We had a few more hours before the game, so we headed downtown to the Brooklyn Bridge and walked across it.  I did this many years ago with mom and I remembered it being one of my favorite things to do in NYC.  Now I remember why.  It is beautiful.  
First time we saw the sun that day
The views are amazing

And it was game time.  The game didn't start until 9:45pm and I was struggling.  That is my bedtime:)
It was a really good game except for the over 40 fouls they called.  It made the game a little slow and boring, but the end was awesome.  KU ended up beating Duke by 2 points with just a few seconds left.  I know that made Scott very happy.
We headed back home early the next morning.
The kids did wonderful and had a great time with grandma and grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment