Monday, October 12, 2020

Life Lately

 It's been a while since I have done a Life Lately post.  We are all back in a somewhat normal routine.......I guess as normal as it can be during a pandemic.  All kids have adjusted well to school and I have been very impressed with our school district.  I am still a little in denial that my youngest is now in school too.  She has been so excited though, so I am very happy.  I do get asked what I do all day and it is amazing how quickly the days still go by.  So far I have not been bored :)

Evan received a little note from his teacher.  He has been really happy in his class, which is wonderful.


See......I am not getting bored.  I am trying to learn how to play golf.  Scott has taken me to play 9 holes a few times.  I got work to do, but it is fun learning something new.


Hannah continues to bake.  She loves to bake, but doesn't really like to eat cake.

This was another one of her masterpieces.


Morning hair don't care......

My mom sent a package with some surprises......this is definitely a favorite for the kids.
She found some of my old dolls and Barbies and sent a few for Nora.  She was so excited.
Gummy frogs are the best.....

Beautiful evenings out on the end are coming to an end.....but we have made the best out of it for this summer.



Hannah blow dried Nora's hair.  It looks so long when it's straight.


Hannah called for kid meeting one afternoon and then they presented this to us......



This last slide is my favorite......"we hope you think about it and dig deep into your hearts"!

Times sure have changed.  When I was a little kid I wrote Hamster, Food and Cage on my moms grocery list every week......now we get an entire power point presentation from our kids.

Hannah works on her flexibility every day.  She has worked hard and has gotten very flexible (maybe a little too much).  I constantly find these pictures on my phone.

Both Evan and Nora are loving soccer this Fall.  Nora is having to play in the same league as Evan, because they did not have enough girls in her age group.  She is holding her own though!  It has made her way more aggressive on the field already.


It's been very fun to watch them play in games







One of Hannah's teachers sent me this picture.......yeah for mask breaks outside.  It made my day to get a picture of her during the school day.

One last time out on the lake......see you next year. It makes me sad to write that.





Hannah spends half of her life upside down.....



The boat was not on, but she was pretending to steer with her feet......of course she was upside down


A few weeks ago I went outside to find this deer in our back yard.....the only way to get in is through our gate.  I guess it was just strolling along the road.....the kids were at school, but when I showed them the picture they were quite surprised.
We ventured out for some ice cream.....
A few weeks back I took a 3 day long Mountain bike instructor certification course......it was quite a bit of work and I was a little overwhelmed/stressed about it on the second morning.  I went to the class at Coler Preserve and we were just standing there listening to the coach and all of a sudden we these dressed up people walk by on the path and guess who it was?

Yep, it was my family!  
It was the best distraction that morning.  It made everybody laugh.
They kept on walking the path for a while and everybody they encountered gave them a thumbs up.



I jumped in for a picture with the family!

I did it!  I completed the course and I am now a BICP certified instructor.


Nora received the Bonafide Bobcat award at school!  We are very proud of her.




Then we got to meet a very special little girl.  Morgan had her baby and the we couldn't wait to meet her.
Baby Olivia is absolutely precious.
He looks so proud holding her.

Hannah wanted to move in with Morgan ......


It is all coming full circle for me.......Morgan was there when Nora was born and has had such a great bond with all three of my kids and now we got to meet Morgan's little girl.
It was very special.














No comments:

Post a Comment