Thursday, September 15, 2022

Where did summer go?

 Wow, it's been almost 3 months since I have updated the Blog.  Kids are in the 5th week back to school now.....what happened to our summer break?  It went by so fast.  We were really busy with kids activities. Anything from soccer to football to basketball to dance to gymnastics to dance choreography camps to art camp to day camp to a few trips.  We covered it all.  I spent a lot of time in my car.  Good thing Alexa kept us entertained in the car.  A few times I picked up a car full of boys from soccer and I am glad that it is not only my son who asks Alexa for "fart noises".....did you know you can pay for a premium package of fart noises?  No? I didn't either.  Alexa can rap and sing, "burn you", and tell you LOTS of jokes and you can take quizzes about how well you know Alexa.  Who knew!

This was our summer list.....we covered quite a few things and added a few more things throughout the summer.  We always love having this list.


Of course we did a baking challenge.  These were our rules!
It was me and Nora against Hannah.  Evan decided last minute that he just wanted to be a Judge.

Nora and I decided to go for a cupcake and cake Combo with lots of fireworks

Hannah's cake turned out great



This was so long ago that I don't even remember who won.....regardless I am sure there was some fighting about who won :)

Despite the scorching heat this summer we had a fairly productive garden

Our Okra did great and is still going strong now.  Need to plant more next year.  I also have about 10 Butternut squash's right now!  So exciting.

We did a lot of blueberry picking.  We baked some fresh muffins, ate a lot of fresh blueberries and stocked the freezer!

Evan definitely did more eating than picking.







Hannah spent an entire week at grandma and grandpa's with cousin AJ and Bennett.  She was living her best life too.

We played putt putt with Cameron and Alex!


Evan set up a family fun night



We had a few moments of adult time by the pool.....

Lots of ice cream time
And it's even better with friends


More shenanigans....setting up a putt putt course and a box city








We played some pickle ball

We did some cliff jumping on Table Rock lake....I have to say I was a little nervous and scared once I got up there.  Hannah was already a pro at it since she had been there all week.  Evan went for it right away and then Nora didn't even look and just jumped off (that was Hannah's advice to her).  So, I was the last one standing and I couldn't let the kids outdo me, so I jumped and screamed really loud!



We played Chubby Bunny with marshmallows.  Nora and I did it as well, but we only have a video of that and no pictures.



We had such a hot and dry summer that we truly enjoyed this one giant downpour.....we were not expecting the rain that night and got caught in it
Then we let the kids swim in the rain




I had a little date morning with Nora while the other two were busy somewhere....the one on one time is so special (every kid got some one on one time)


We really like how our door hanger turned out.



We sent my mom a matching necklace for her birthday.  Here we are with our necklaces.....3 generations wearing the same necklace!

Nora was supposed to spend a few nights with her cousins at grandma's house.  She wanted to be back for soccer, but then she had so much fun that she ended up staying an entire week as well.....cousin time is the best time

Evan started football.  He looks so handsome:)
Oh and it is probably no surprise that he LOVES football

Just like everything he does......when he is in, he is in and give it his all!







We did a Scavenger Hunt.....Evan and Hannah against me and Nora.
Here are a few of our "proof" pictures





We had to disqualify a few of Hannah and Evan's pictures, because they didn't follow all the instructions:)


This was our summer in a nutshell and before we knew it we came to this point.....









We zoomed in on one of Nora's silly face pictures and ended up with this gem!
























No comments:

Post a Comment