Friday, June 16, 2023

Almost done catching up

 I am almost done catching up.  Hopefully next time I won't take as much time off.

On Mother's Day weekend we headed to Kansas City for a soccer tournament for both Evan and Nora.  We did not have the results we were hoping for, but it was still a great weekend of soccer and hanging out with teammates.

We brought our fun hotel room door hangers....the kids love walking (or probably more like running) through the halls and seeing where their teammates are staying.

Since it was Mother's Day weekend I had these cute headbands made for Nora's team!


Hannah was the big supporter this weekend



On Sunday Nora had a 5pm game scheduled and the earlier game was done in the morning.  So, we had all day to hang out in Kansas City.
Then we get to the fields and they called a weather delay for lightning.  Not sure where the lightning was though......we don't think it was anywhere close.  Ha.  So, they closed the fields and everybody was just hanging out in the parking lot (I know, seems a little pointless during a weather delay).
They were having fun hanging out with friends.....

Then a dance off/dance party started with one of the other teams.....I think this parking lot party was the most fun part of their weekend




Then after waiting for almost an hour they just cancelled all games for the remainder of the tournament. Bummer.  So, we waited all day ion Kansas City for a game that never happened :)





I received some Mother's Day cards from the kids....
Nora wrote me this note....

"I think that when I grow up I will be like you.  That means working out, cleaning, going to a 5:45 Burn Babes class".  Hahahaha

According to Evan I really like my coffee :)
He mentions it 3 times on this card.

Hannah had her last glow in the dark pep rally to finish out her Lincoln Dance team career





I got to attend a few more field trips.....
Nora did a walking field trip to downtown and they visited several businesses.


Evan went to the Naturals baseball game and the 4th graders got to sing the national anthem on the field!




I feel like I spent most of my days at the kids school leading up to summer break.  I do enjoy that a lot though.
Next up was Field day....I love to watch them around their friends and see the their personalities shine!
I challenged Evan to get really wet on the water obstacle course (some kids came out almost completely dry) .....Evan is up for any challenge.  He was rolling around while climbing to make sure every inch gets soaked.



Then I got to spend a little time with Nora's class.




Next day was the Tournament of Titles.  I mentioned before how Evan read all 11 Tournament of Titles books, so he got to compete in the tournament.....each 4th grade class had a team and they studied the authors, titles, content of the books for a few weeks (again, since it had been a while since he read some of the books) during their lunch breaks and some recesses.  Then it was time to compete and answer questions.....all 3rd and 4th graders got to come and watch.
Hannah did this in her 4th grade class, so it was really fun watching Evan step into her footsteps!
His class didn't win, but they did great!  It was a 1 point difference at the end.




Next day I was back for Bash, because Evan won the Bonafide Bobcat for the month of May.  The word of the month was determination and that couldn't be more true for Evan! That little guy sure is determined.




Then I went back for the 4th grade walk through the halls and 4th grade celebration.....
I have to admit I got a little emotional knowing this was one of the last times Evan would walk through the halls of elementary school

All grades and parents line up in the hallways and "clap out" the 4th grade classes

We had a perfect morning to be outside for the celebration.....lots of games, popsicles and they got to sign each others 4th grade shirts
Evan's 2nd grade teacher who is now at a different school came to the celebration.  She taught some of these 4th graders as Kindergartner's in her first year of teaching......so special that she came back for this.


Evan and I played the Human Ring Toss game
A few hours later it was time for Nora's end of year class party....more games, more popsicles and more fun!
This girl was really sad that school was almost over.




















No comments:

Post a Comment